Role profile for Label Social Media Manager
Duties and responsibilities:
- Use initiative to maintain the Label Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Being organised and efficient to get articles up ASAP
- As breaking news occurs, retweet, share existing articles to assist the News Editor
- Presenting ways in which to promote Label across social media platforms to raise awareness of Label
- Attend committee meetings
• A chance to gain new skills and knowledge in online journalism, and learn about the workings of a website.
• To work as part of a marketing team, pushing the individual sections as well as LSU Media in general.
• To gain new skills in the sphere of journalism, both print and online.
• A great addition to a CV.
Useful previous experience:
• To have worked closely with Label Magazine, or a similar publication, in order to understand the deadlines and demands of the role.
• Understanding of WordPress.
• An interest and skills in graphic design (useful).
• Be willing to learn about coding and the building of websites.
• A keen eye for proof reading.
Average time commitment:
• Around 10 hours per week plus additional time in the run up to each of the special editions.
• Additional time during busy periods like Exec Elections.
Media EO, Label Editor
You can apply here. Deadline is Monday 24th June.
For more information and all finished applications, contact Chris Leroux.