Role profile for LSUTV Head of News & Factual
In charge of finding News related content to report on for Newsflash. Will be particularly involved with Exec Elections and other Factual content
Duties and responsibilities:
• Support Newsflash or a similar news show to be regular content.
• Effectively and regularly communicate with producers to make sure shows are well planned and regularly produced to a high standard.
• Contribute to and support a regular live magazine-style show
• Ensure footage is filmed, edited and produced in a reasonable time-scale to ensure content is still relevant and up-to-date.
• Attend committee meetings.
• Develop knowledge of TV industry.
• Gain a technical knowledge of how a station runs.
Useful previous experience:
• Passion for creating news and finding stories on campus and nationally.
• Understand what is needed to make an engaging news piece.
Average time commitment:
• Around 10 hours per week.
• Additional time during busy periods such as Exec Elections and Freshers’.
LSUTV Station Manager
Apply for the role here. Deadline is Monday 24st June.
For more information, please email Joshua Gray.