Luxurious Baroque inspired prints are all over the catwalk this season, from Balmain to Dolce and Gabbana, the trend was styled with a rocky edge using rich dark colours. Being on a student budget shouldn’t stop your nails look a million dollars. Add a touch of luxury to your nails by following these easy steps to baroque nails.
- Gold Nail varnish – Rimmel London PRO – gold infusion
- Black Nail Varnish – No7 Stay perfect Beautifully Black
- Nail Pen – Models Own Black or an old Paint Brush
- Always start by applying a clear base coat to your nails.
- Use a high shine gold varnish for the base coat of colour, we used Rimmel London pro Gold Infusion, which has a little sparkle to it. Apply two coats if needed and allow drying between each stage.
- You can use a nail pen such as Models Own or if you don’t have a nail pen an old paint brush will do, just make sure it’s really thin.
- Dip it in a black Varnish such as Stay Perfect Beautifully Black by No7 and carefully paint on the design.
- Create the rococo swirls by drawing random dots, lines and curls all over the nail.
- Check out the gallery below to copy our pattern.
- Mix it up with different swirls and shapes on each nail.
- Allow to dry.
- Finally apply a clear top coat to make the design last longer.
Don’t worry if you accidently get varnish on your skin when painting you nails. Just be a good flat mate and do the washing up a few hours later and the excess paint show come off.
If this has inspired you to do some nail art check out How To Do Galaxy Nail here and find out about the history behind nail art here on Label Online. Many thanks again to our nail artist Susie Hickman and all photos by Rebecca Caldwell.
We would love to see your nail art! Send us a tweet @LabelStyleTeam and show us your creations!