Role profile for LCR Head of Music
Duties and responsibilities:
• Take charge of music and playlists on Radio DJ and ensure they are updated each week, with collaborations with the Head of Content.
• Liaise with external talent companies to create opportunities for volunteers to be involved with new and upcoming music.
• Lead a team of volunteers who are passionate about music.
• Produce online content such as Spotify playlists and artist interviews.
• Get involved with Union music events such as Soundclash and DJ Soc.
• Gain an understanding into the music industry and how that relates to radio.
• Go to local gigs and music events to interview artists.
• To get involved with Union music events such as Soundclash and DJ Soc.
• The chance to cross platform with other music groups in the University.
Useful previous experience:
• Wide knowledge of music.
• Ability to work to deadlines as uploads and playlists need to be finished on time for shows.
Average time commitment:
• Around 8 hours per week.
• Additional time during busy periods such as Exec Elections and Freshers’.
Media EO, LCR Station Manager
Download the application form here. Deadline is Monday 21st May.
For more information and all finished applications, contact with Jasmine Jefferies.