Role profile for News Editor
Duties and responsibilities:
• To recruit writers and manage the news section both online and in print.
• To help think of new and interesting article ideas and encourage writers to think of their own.
• To support other sections of Label Magazine.
• Edit articles for online and print.
• Learn how to manage a group and work within in a team.
• Have work published in print and online.
• To work closely with other media sections and gain a greater understanding of other media outlets and the running of the Students Union.
• A chance to expand on creativity and push your section in new and different directions.
Useful previous experience:
• An interest in different aspects of news as it is a varied section.
• An interest and skill in writing and editing.
• To have written for Label Magazine/another publication/personal blog etc.
Average time commitment:
• Around 10 hours per week plus additional time in the run up to each of the special editions.
• Additional time during Exec Elections.
Media EO, Label Editor
Download the application form here. Deadline is Monday 21st May.
For more information and all finished applications, contact Jasmine Jefferies.