Are you a fan of Mexican food? Well, ignore the fajita and enchilada homemaking kits, as you can make these quesadillas for a whole lot cheaper! It’s a delicious recipe to make with friends and you could even have a themed night with nachos and Mexican beverages.
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp cumin powder
400g can of kidney beans
8 flour tortillas
100g cheddar cheese
Handful of coriander leaves
200g Salsa, plus extra to serve
Soured cream to serve
– Serves four
1. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook the onion and garlic (finely chopped) for a few minutes. Then add the cumin and paprika.
2. Rinse and drain the kidney beans and add to the onion and garlic mix with a little water. As the beans warm, use a potato masher to break them down into a rough puree. Then you can season the mix.
3. Spread the beans onto four of the tortillas and spoon over the salsa and sprinkle with cheese and the coriander. Use the remaining four to cover.
4. Cook each tortilla sandwich in the frying pan for approximately two minutes on each side until they are crisp, golden and the cheese is melting.
5. To serve, cut into quarters with extra salsa and the soured cream.