Tomorrow is Pancake Day! Here is a great recipe for the entire house get involved with; it’s even friendly for the gluten and dairy intolerant.
1. Place one and a half cups of rice flour with a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl and stir.
2. In another bowl, combine two eggs with three to four tablespoons of sugar and two cups of coconut milk.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until you have a smooth batter – a whisk might help with the lumps. If you wish, you can add one teaspoon of coconut flavouring.
4. Heat a small frying pan or crepe pan on a medium heat and then add a little oil (about half a teaspoon) and swizzle around the pan.
5. Pour a quarter cup of the batter to the pan. Turn the pan side to side to distribute the batter evenly.
6. Allow the batter to cook at least one minute, or until small holes break out.
7. Here is the fun part! Flip the pancake and cook on the other side for about 30 seconds.
8. Add a little more oil to the pan before each new pancake. You can keep them warm in the oven if you wish to eat at the same time, otherwise dish them out separately.
The mix serves 4 people. You can add coconut shavings, banans, melted chocolate, Nutella or, of course, lemon or extra sugar to your pancakes.
Happy Pancake Day from everyone at Label!