It’s quick to make, tasty and loaded with iron. Why not try this simpler, vegetarian version of the Italian classic?
1. Preheat your oven to 200/180 C or gas mark 6. In a large frying pan, heat some olive oil and add one crushed clove of garlic. Fry for approximately one minute.
2. Add your sliced mushrooms (250g pack) and cook until they soften – approximately three minutes.
3. Throw in the whole bag of spinach until the heat begins to wilt the leaves. Then remove from the heat and stir in the whole tub of light soft cheese, with one tablespoon of parmesan (optional), salt and pepper.
4. Place a quarter of the spinach mix at the bottom of a medium sized baking dish, and then cover with a thin layer of pasta sheets. Repeat this process until the mixture has been used, finishing with spinach mixture on top. Sprinkle some more parmesan (or any cheese you have) on top.
5. Cook in the oven for 35 minutes until the pasta is golden and tender.
The ingredients serve four people, but is can provide dinner for the next two days by reheating it on a plate in the microwave.