Duties and responsibilities:
- Act as the first point of contact for anyone who has a concern they feel needs raising with or within LSU Media and/or the sections.
- Champion Welfare & Diversity within LSU Media – Accommodate welfare provisions and celebrate the diversity of our students
- Oversee disclosures and signpost people to the appropriate support services
- Feedback concerns (where necessary/appropriate) to Senate
- Take a lead on creating your own socials/well-being events/campaigns/initiatives
- Organise Media socials as well as Alumni Weekend
- Attend welfare training
Useful previous experience:
- Dealing with others in difficult situations
- An understanding of physical and mental welfare
- An understanding of event organisation
- Some prior knowledge of university & union support services would be highly beneficial
- Some prior knowledge/involvement with LSU Welfare & Diversity is desirable, but not essential
Average time commitment:
Around 6-8 hours per week.
Fill in the application form here. Deadline is 24th April.