Duties and responsibilities
• Run the LSUTV committee and chair LSUTV committee meetings.
• Have the final say on the content and direction of LSUTV’s output.
• Liaise with Media Production and Training staff for technical and training purposes.
• Understand the importance of being a member of LSU Media Senate, the top level of governance within the section.
• Leading one of the most successful student TV stations in the country.
• Having the chance to network with peers and those in industry through alumni links and NaSTA.
• Gaining an insight into TV industry.
• Having an important say in the direction of an established TV Station in the challenging times of online saturation and user-created content.
Useful previous experience
• Previous LSUTV committee position preferable, or at the very least at least a year of being a committed contributor.
• At least a rudimentary understanding of the in-house equipment and the IT infrastructure at LSU Media.
• Ability to make big decisions when necessary and knowing when to refer decision up to the Media Executive Officer.
• A keen interest in Loughborough, the university/college and Loughborough Students’ Union.
Average time commitment
• Around 15 hours per week
• Additional time during busy periods such as Exec Elections and Freshers’
Similar industry roles
• Station Manager
• Channel Controller
Fill in the application form here. Deadline is 24th April.