Duties and responsibilities
• Run the Lens committee and chair Lens committee meetings.
• Run, and facilitate the running of, both regular shoots such as nights out and one-off events such as style sessions.
• Run, and facilitate the running of training for Lens volunteers.
• Understand the importance of being a member of LSU Media Senate, the top level of governance within the section.
• Leading a team of talented photographers with industry-level equipment.
• Be responsible for the content that drives the majority of the traffic to the LSU Media Facebook page.
• Gaining an insight into the the editorial process of photography.
• Having an important say in the direction of a growing new section of LSU Media.
Useful previous experience
• Experience of photography within Lens. Some experience of leadership would be useful, though is not mandatory.
• Understanding of what makes a good photograph in terms of shooting, editing and context.
• Ability to make big decisions when necessary and knowing when to refer decision up to the Media Executive Officer.
• A keen interest in Loughborough, the university/college and Loughborough Students’ Union.
Average time commitment
• Around 15 hours per week
• Additional time during busy periods such as Exec Elections and Freshers’
Similar industry roles
• Photography Firm Owner
• Photography Consultant
• Design Assistant
Fill in the application form here. Deadline is 24th April.