Duties and responsibilities
• Run the LCR committee and chair LCR committee meetings.
• Have the final say on the schedule, content and special output of LCR.
• Facilitate the support for weaker/newer shows and DJs whilst giving the stronger/more established shows and DJs a platform to shine.
• Understand the importance of being a member of LSU Media Senate, the top level of governance within the section.
• Leading a successful student-led radio station with a rich history.
• Gaining an insight into how a radio station works and runs.
• Having the opportunity to network with industry professionals through the Student Radio Association.
• Having an important say in the direction of an established radio station in the exciting times of new media and on-demand online service.
Useful previous experience
• Previous LCR committee position preferable, or at the very least at least a year of being a committed contributor.
• Experience of leading and motivating a team.
• A keen passion for radio.
• A keen interest in Loughborough, the university/college and Loughborough Students’ Union.
Average time commitment
• Around 15 hours per week
• Additional time during busy periods such as Exec Elections and Freshers’
Similar industry roles
• Station Manager
• Executive Producer
• Channel Controller
• Program Editor
Fill in the application form here. Deadline is 24th April.