Duties and responsibilities
• Run the Label committee and chair Label committee meetings.
• Have the final say on the content, design and editorial direction of Label.
• Proof-read each Label printed edition and online articles where necessary.
• Understand the importance of being a member of LSU Media Senate, the top level of governance within the section.
• Make sure Label reaches all students in Loughborough
• Responsible for overseeing the output of Label .
• Leading a successful student-led publication with a sizable contributor pool.
• Having the chance to forge connections with other student publications and those in industry.
• Gaining an insight into the the editorial process of publication.
• Having an important say in the direction of an established publication in the exciting times of online content.
Useful previous experience
• Previous Label committee position preferable or, at the very least, a year or more of being a committed contributor.
• Knowledge of online social networks and popular culture
• Experience of proof-reading and a good grasp of English.
• Ability to make big decisions when necessary and knowing when to refer decision up to the Media Executive Officer.
• A keen interest in Loughborough, the university/college and Loughborough Students’ Union.
Average time commitment
• Around 15 hours per week
• Additional time during busy periods such as Exec Elections and Freshers’
Similar industry roles
• Magazine/Newspaper Editor
• Copy Editor
• Online Editor
Fill in the application form here. Deadline is 24th April.