Want to get involved with LSU Media? Want to be a key player in Loughborough’s official student media output? Want to have some great skills and experience for your CV?
Why not apply for a LSU Media Committee position? But don’t just take it from us, let some of our Alumni persuade you…
“Make the most of it while you’re here … you can grab the camera, you can be part of the Media Centre and you can do it now.” – Ore Oduba, Head of Media Elect 2008-09 & BBC Presenter
“Put simply, the practical skills I gained at LSU Media, from TV editing and production, radio presenting and production, to sports writing and technical skills like using video cameras or software like InDesign and Final Cut Pro, have given me a head start in the media industry.” – Ben Croucher, Head of Media 2011-12 & BBC Sport Presenter
Applications for the 2021-2022 LSU Media Executive Committee opened on 26 May 2021 and will close on 11 June 2021. You can find the details about the roles each committee offers on the pages below, and apply here!Applications Open until June 11
LSU Media Committees
- LSU Media Assistant Marketing Officer
Duties and responsibilities
- Be responsible for the social media output of LSU Media, mainly on Instagram Stories alongside the Marketing Officer.
- Create promotional material for LSU Media.
- Assist with the development and advancement of the LSU Media brand.
- Having the opportunity to help shape the marketing and branding structure.
- Leading a team of enthusiastic and talented volunteers to work towards a common goal.
- Gaining an insight into the world of corporate and financial negotiation.
Useful previous experience
- Experience of working with external clients as part of a group, organisation or company.
- Ability with software such as InDesign and Photoshop preferable.
- Having a degree of creative control over the visible output of LSU Media, under brand guidelines.
- Good understanding of LSU Media and its sections.
Average time commitment
- Around 5 hours per week.
- Additional time during busy periods such as Exec Elections and Freshers’.
Similar industry roles
- Marketing Consultant.
- Media and Communications Officer.
- Brand Ambassador.
Responsible to: Media Chair, LSU Media Marketing Officer.
Application Deadline: 22nd June 2020
To apply: fill out the this form.