Why not try a crumble while you’re in self-isolation? They’re great for a dinnertime desert, and super easy to make!
For the fruit mixture:
4 Large apples – peeled, cored and sliced
100g Golden caster sugar
1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
For the breadcrumbs:
225g Plain flour
110g Salted butter – diced
75g Golden caster sugar
2 tbsp Demerara sugar
Custard or ice cream to serve
1. To make the breadcrumbs, combine the flour and butter and work with your fingers until fine
2. Stir in the golden caster sugarto the breadcrumbs
3. Heat the oven to 180C / 170C fan
4. In your ovenproof crumble dish, toss the sliced apples with the blackberries, golden caster sugar and cinnamon
5. Scatter over the breadcrumb mix, spreading it evenly, and sprinkle the Demerarasugar over the top
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden on top and the sauce is bubbling up around the edges.
8. Leave to sit out of the oven for 10 minutes, then serve with warm custard or ice cream.
Recipe adapted from Good Housekeeping.
|Executive Producer||Joshua Gray|