Role profile for Lens Head of Shoots & Events
Duties and responsibilities
Unlike the other Head of Events role, this role will now also cover the Head of Shoots position, which was a position responsible for organising any style shoots, this is a more active role as the individual will need to approach societies and sections to create opportunities for volunteers to participate in a different ‘style’ of photography. For both the Head of Events we’re looking for individuals who are organised and able to manage their time effectively, while also being able to fairly delegate workload between both individuals.
• Collaborate with other sections and societies to organise and create different opportunities for volunteers to participate in style shoots.
• Organise the training and supervision of new volunteers.
• Work alongside the other Head of Events to ensure equal distribution of organising events coverage.
• To liaise with societies and sections to create new opportunities for volunteers to expand their photography skills
• Working with talented and enthusiastic photographers.
• Working with industry level equipment.
Useful previous experience
• Experience of photography within Lens preferable.
• Knowledge of photography and photo editing.
• Ability to be well-organised and to work to deadlines.
Average time commitment
• Around 10 hours per week
• Additional time during busy periods such as Exec Elections and Freshers’
Media EO, Head of Lens, Assistant Head of Lens
Similar industry roles
• Photography Consultant
• Design Assistant
Download the application form here . Deadline is Sunday 21st May.
For more information, get in touch with Jennifer Taylor at mediaEO@lsu.co.uk.