Role profile for Head of Sport
Duties and responsibilities
• Lead a LSU Media Sport subcommittee made up of: Label Sport Editors, LCR Head of Sport, Lens Head of Sport, a LSUTV Sport Representative [tbc], and the AU Sport Officer.
• Liaise the output of the Match Report brand; establishing a core team to produce the show and online content week to week.
• Act as a link between LSU Media and Loughborough Student Sport.
• Understand the importance of being a member of LSU Media Senate, the top level of governance within the section.
• Leading a team of talented Sport Broadcast enthusiasts.
• Be responsible for the content that showcases the best sporting University in the UK.
• Gaining an insight into the the production process of a live show.
• Having an important say in the direction of a growing strand of LSU Media.
Useful previous experience
• Experience of leadership.
• A keen interest in sport, as well as broadcasting.
• Ability to make big decisions when necessary and knowing when to refer decision up to the Media Executive Officer.
• A keen interest in Loughborough Sport, the university/college and Loughborough Students’ Union.
Average time commitment
• Around 18 hours per week including most Sundays
• Additional time during busy periods such Play-offs and Finals
Media Executive Officer
Similar industry roles
• Assistant Producer
• Sport Editor
• Production Coordinator
What does the current Media EO, Jennifer Taylor, have to say about it?
“This brand new role is an exciting step forward for sport broadcast within LSU Media. The chance to lead a multi-platform team to give coverage of the best Sporting Uni in the UK is not one to be missed. With Match Reports first Season taking home 4 NaSTA Awards, the show and brand has huge scope to go far. This is your chance to take LSU Media Sport to new heights.”
Download the application form here. Applications close on Friday 28th Apri 2017.
Please send finished applications to JT at MediaEO@lsu.co.uk.