Role profile for LSUTV Station Manager
Duties and responsibilities
• Run the LSUTV committee and chair LSUTV committee meetings.
• Have the final say on the content and direction of LSUTV’s output.
• Liaise with Media Production and Training staff for technical and training purposes.
• Understand the importance of being a member of LSU Media Senate, the top level of governance within the section.
• Leading one of the most successful student TV stations in the country.
• Having the chance to network with peers and those in industry through alumni links and NaSTA.
• Gaining an insight into TV industry.
• Having an important say in the direction of an established TV Station in the challenging times of online saturation and user-created content.
Useful previous experience
• Previous LSUTV committee position preferable, or at the very least at least a year of being a committed contributor.
• At least a rudimentary understanding of the in-house equipment and the IT infrastructure at LSU Media.
• Ability to make big decisions when necessary and knowing when to refer decision up to the Media Executive Officer.
• A keen interest in Loughborough, the university/college and Loughborough Students’ Union.
Average time commitment
• Around 15 hours per week
• Additional time during busy periods such as Exec Elections and Freshers’
Media Executive Officer
Similar industry roles
• Station Manager
• Channel Controller
What does the current LSUTV Station Manager, Katie Greenslade, have to say about it?
“Running one of the top student television stations in the country is an experience I will never forget. It is always presenting new challenges but equally comes with great reward. You will have to keep your committee on top of the demand for one of the most time consuming types of output from media and train volunteers at the same time. I have had such an amazing time running the station and hope that next year’s station manager has as much fun as I have.”
Download the application form here . Deadline is Friday 28th April.
For more information, get in touch with Jennifer Taylor at MediaEO@lsu.co.uk.