Role profile for Head of Marketing & Online
Duties and responsibilities
• Be responsible for the outward branding of LSU Media and its constituent brands.
• Oversee and lead a subcommittee of marketeers from each section.
• Liaise with external partners to secure funding and sponsorship to allow LSU Media to achieve internal goals.
• Oversee, along with the VP Media, the overall structure and output of the LSU Media website.
• Act as a general sub-editor to control the content that is uploaded.
• Manage relevant committee members in each section and control access levels to the website back-end.
• Understand the importance of being a member of LSU Media Senate, the top level of governance within the section.
• Being in a position to represent a major part of one of the most reputable students’ unions in the country.
• Having the opportunity to help shape the marketing and branding structure while a brand overhaul is still fairly recent.
• Leading a team of enthusiastic and talented marketing heads to work towards a common goal.
• Gaining an insight into the world of corporate and financial negotiation.
Useful previous experience
• Experience of working with external clients as part of a group, organisation or company.
• Ability with software such as InDesign and Photoshop preferable.
• Having a degree of creative control over the visible output of LSU Media, under brand guidelines.
• Good understanding of LSU Media and its sections.
Average time commitment
• Around 12 hours per week
• Additional time during busy periods such as Exec Elections and Freshers’
Media Executive Officer
Similar industry roles
• Marketing Consultant
• Media and Communications Officer
• Brand Ambassador
• Online Editor
Download the application form here . Deadline is Friday 28th April.
For more information, get in touch with Jennifer Taylor at MediaEO@lsu.co.uk