Role profile for Assistant Head of Media
Duties and responsibilities
• Assist the Media Executive Officer with any roles, responsibilities and odd jobs that are necessary.
• Take the lead on organisation for Alumni Weekend, the Media Awards and Senate Away Weekend.
• Have a great understanding of the LSU Media structure, stepping in to help on student and section development where possible.
• Chair the weekly Senate meetings; including creating the agenda for and taking minutes.
• Understand the importance of being a member of LSU Media Senate, the top level of governance within the section.
• Being second-in-command of one of the best student media outlets in the country.
• Having the opportunity to attend events and meet people you wouldn’t otherwise have access to.
• Gaining invaluable experience in HR and management of people and events.
• Having a stronger influence in the wider context of Loughborough Students’ Union.
Useful previous experience
• Experience of working as part of a team and managing people.
• Experience of organising events preferable.
• Previous committee or Senate position preferable.
• Able to get on with tasks with relative autonomy when necessary.
• Good understanding of LSU Media and its sections.
Average time commitment
• Around 15 hours per week
• Additional time during busy periods such as Exec Elections and Freshers’
Media Executive Officer
Similar industry roles
• HR Manager
• Unit Manager
• Executive Producer/Editor-in-Chief
• Production Coordinator
What does the current Assistant Head of Media, Ed Radford, have to say?
“The role of Assistant Head of Media is likely to be one of the most adaptable roles on senate, changing slightly from year to year.
Fundamentally your key responsibility is to be the main point of delegation from the VP Media, assisting them with the overall running of LSU Media.
This position requires flexibility, organisation and a willingness to get involved wherever it might be necessary.
It’s important to be perceptive to see where help is needed, whilst also level headed and unbiased in order to consider all the individual sections’ needs.”
Download the application form here . Deadline is Friday 28th April.
For more information, get in touch with Jennifer Taylor at MediaEO@lsu.co.uk.