Role profile for LSUTV Head of Technical
Duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for maintaining equipment and regularly checking all equipment is present and undamaged.
• Work with Union IT to ensure software and (if necessary) hardware is up to date, keeping track server usage
• Identify what equipment needs purchasing and areas of improvement
• Produce technical support and advice to show producers
• Responsible for creating and managing a technical team, to assist in the technical set up of each production
• Work with Head of Development to ensure volunteers have training when needed.
• Develop knowledge of TV industry
• Gain knowledge of technical aspects of a television station
Useful previous experience
• Technical experience
• Team leadership
Average time commitment
• Around 10 hours per week
• Additional time during busy periods such as Exec Elections and Freshers’
Media EO, LSUTV Station Manager
Similar industry roles
• Broadcast Engineer
• Broadcast Technician
• IT engineer
• Support Crew
Download the application form here . Deadline is Sunday 22nd May.
For more information, get in touch with Media EO, JT .