Role profile for LCR Head of Music
There will be two successful applicants for this position.
Duties and responsibilities
• Take charge of music and playlists on Radio DJ and ensure they are updated each week, with collaborations with the Head of Content
• Liaise with external talent companies to create opportunities for volunteers to be involved with new and upcoming music
• Lead a team of volunteers who are passionate about music
• Produce online content such as Spotify playlists and artist interviews
• Get involved with Union music events such as Soundclash and DJ Soc
• Gain an understanding into the music industry and how that relates to Radio
• Go to local gigs and music events to interview artists
• To get involved with Union music events such as Soundclash and DJ Soc
• The chance to cross platform with other music groups in the University
Useful previous experience
• Wide knowledge of music
• Ability to work to deadlines as uploads and playlists need to be finished on time for shows
Average time commitment
• Around 8 hours per week
• Additional time during busy periods such as Exec Elections and Freshers’
Media EO, LCR Station Manager
Download the application form here . Deadline is Sunday 21st May.
For more information, get in touch with Media EO, JT.