Role profile for Label Sport Editor
There will be two successful applicants.
Duties and responsibilities
• To recruit writers and manage the section (with a fellow editor).
• To help think of new and interesting article ideas and encourage writers to think of their own.
• To work as part of the award winning Match Report brand and sit on the brand new LSU Media Sport committee.
• To support other sections of Label Magazine.
• Edit articles for online and print.
• Learn how to manage a group and work within in a team.
• Have work published in print and online.
• The chance to have a first hand insight into the world of sport journalism and broadcast.
• To work closely with other media sections and gain a greater understanding of other media outlets and the running of the Students Union.
Useful previous experience
• An interest in Sport/Loughborough Sport
• An interest and skill in writing and editing.
• To have written for Label Magazine/another publication/personal blog etc
Average time commitment
• Around 10 hours per week.
• Additional time during Exec Elections.
Media EO, Label Editor, Head of Sport
Similar industry roles
• Editor/Assistant Editor/Section Editor
• Copy Editor
• Sports Team Media Representative
Download the application form here . Deadline is Sunday 4th June.
For more information, get in touch with Lydia Kah-Pavlou .