Tired of boring bread sandwiches? Then try these lunch-box sized cheese muffins, ideal for a day in the library. There will be no excuse not to work as these savoury bites will keep the revision hunger at bay.
120g plain flour
200g grated mature cheddar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C gas mark 4.
2. In a bowl, rub the margarine into the flour and then add the grated cheese, salt and pepper.
3. Firstly crack the eggs into a separate bowl and then beat them into the flour mixture.
4. Gradually add the milk whilst continually mixing the batter.
5. Line a muffin baking tray with muffin cases and spoon the mixture in equally.
6. Cook for about 20 minutes until they brown.
7. Leave to cool before removing.
You can cut them and add any filling of your choice, or eat them plain.