Discover a bit of North African flavour with this week’s Great Nosh. It is ridiculously simple and delicious; all you have to do is place everything in the oven and wait. This recipe serves four so it will be great for a flat meal, but for one person simply divide the ingredient quantities to suit you.
1. Pre-heat your oven 200 degrees C/ gas mark 6. Take, approximately, 500g of boneless chicken thighs and place in a large bowl with three, chopped, medium onions, 500g of sliced, red potatoes and two sliced red peppers. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In another bowl mix together 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped, with the zest and juice of one lemon, 3 tablespoons of olive oil and one teaspoon of spices: ground cumin, paprika and crushed fennel seeds.
3. Cover the spiced mixture over the chicken and vegetables, then place on a baking tray (two maybe needed).
4. Cook for approximately 40 minutes. To ensure that the potatoes cook quicker you can boil them on the hob first for about 5 minutes.
5. Turn over the roasting food after about 20 minutes, and add 50g of roughly chopped blanched almonds when you have about 8 minutes until the rest of the food is ready.
6. When the food is ready, serve in a bowl with a dollop of Greek yogurt and some chopped parsley or coriander (optional).