Cinematic awards season has already started with the A-list actresses showing off their couture dresses and fabulous hairstyles.
Old Hollywood style waves made popular by Hollywood icons such as Marilyn Monroe, Grace Kelly, and Rita Hayworth are being revived nowadays by stars such as Amanda Seyfried, Blake Lively and Megan Fox amongst many others rocking the look on the red carpet.
So if you feel inspired by 40s glamour, you can easily create your own red carpet moment following this easy step-by-step guide:
- To start create a deep side parting; a good way to do this is to line it up with the arch of your eyebrow. Either leave to naturally dry or if you crave volume blow-dry your hair. Don’t forget to add some mouse for added hold.
- You can curl using hot rollers or curling iron that’s about an inch thick. If you are using heated rollers winding sections of hair down either side of the head, and one row going backwards from the forehead, over the crown, down the nape of the neck.
- Once you've curled your whole head, spray lightly with a hairspray. We recommend John Frieda Frizz – Ease Shape and Shine Flexible Hold Hair Spray or Elnett Satin Normal Strength Hairspray by L’Oreal for lasting hold.
- Take a brush and comb through the curls. Don’t panic you’re not going to ruin your hard work, but keep brushing until your hair almost looks like one big curl.
- After everything cools, take the fine side of your comb and start combing through the curls. Although you can use any combs or even a brush, the soft styling brush would be the best choice. Try Denman Classic D3 Styling Brush or Trevor Sorbie Classic Styling Brush
- As you comb around the entire head, the curl pattern will start to join together.
- Keep combing and combing and combing.
- Once you finish styling, fix it with a little bit of hairspray.