A little treat from us here at Label as we reach Bonfire night, for a simple themed cupcake recipe, perfect to go alongside a hot cocoa watching the fireworks or for the cold months ahead…
225g plain flour
175g cups caster sugar
85g cocoa powder
3*1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3*1/2 teaspoons baking soda
250 ml milk
125 ml melted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
250 ml boiling water
30g mini marshmallows
1. Heat oven to 180°C on the fan setting.
2. Stir sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda together in a large bowl.
3. Add eggs, milk, melted butter and vanilla.
4. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for two minutes (four minutes by hand).
5. Stir in the boiling water slowly (batter will be thin).
6. When it is properly mixed it should look like watery chocolate custard.
7. Pour batter into lined cupcake tins.
8. Put the tray in the middle of the oven. Bake for about twenty minutes.
9. Quickly add marshmallows and return to oven for another five to ten minutes.